Friday, February 11, 2011

Ciao! My name is Eleanora Duse. You might know me as one of the most famous Italian actresses! I was born on October 3, 1858 in Vigevano, Lombardy. Acting was a passion my whole family shared. My family were touring actors. My first stage appearance was at the age of four! Since then, I have acted in many French plays and toured with my own company in Europe and the United States! But even for busy actresses like myself, I became distracted. I fell in love! I fell in love with an incredibly talented poet named Gabriele D'Annunzio. I acted in many of his plays, I might add the plays were written for me. What a sweetheart! Through my acting career, I did not try to express my own personality. I really expressed myself in the characters I portrayed. Acting is truly what I love and will keep doing until the day i die! It was wonderful to speak with you. I hope we see each other again soon! Addio!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Eleanora, we have quite a lot in common! I also started acting at a young age. I believe we have the same love and respect for the theatre! I am very inspired by your talent! You can act and you are an amazing visual artist! I am very impressed. Eleanora, you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful sweetie! I'm so surprised at the young age you started performing! It's wonderful, I would love to hear more abot the city your were born in and how it was growing up! Your photographs are to die for your so classy and elegant! Even though I have never heard one of your plays I feel as though I have been listening to you for years!

    ReplyDelete